Generator fume exhaust system for Aggreko
Polex‚Äôs extensive range of engine exhaust extraction systems has been adapted to suit an application presented by generator hire company, Aggreko in Kalgoorlie, WA.
Polex was given a design brief to achieve the following criteria:
- Extract exhaust fumes from a range of generators during start-up, operating one at a time.
- 4 m of horizontal reach required by the exhaust hood to position above the generator exhaust outlet.
- All associated ducting to withstand high fume exhaust temperatures.
- Fume capture hood to raise and lower via winch to the exhaust location of each generator.
- Fan to be located on the roof of the building.
- Fan to be to acoustically treated to minimise noise levels.
Polex designed a system to meet the specification and supplied the following equipment:
- Swing arm fabricated from heavy duty 100x50x3 mm RHS complete with wall support. The mechanism was designed with bearings for easy rotation of the swing arm. All components were powder-coated for long lasting corrosion protection.
- 4 kW centrifugal extraction fan designed for 3000 m3/h airflow capacity.
- 200 mm diameter Stainless steel grade 304.2B ducting from the swing arm to the fan.
- High temperature resistant flexible ducting.
- Fan inlet silencer fabricated from Stainless steel with 50 mm thick acoustic insulation.
- Acoustic fan enclosure fabricated from Stainless steel lined with 25 mm thick acoustic insulation.
The final installed system proved to effectively exhaust the generator fumes and has consequently resulted in a safe work environment at Aggreko.
> Back to list